According to the experts, e learning can be termed to be a huge area. Even the content types that are developed are found to be quite diverse, so as to suit the specific requirements of the learners. E learning course level is one particular aspect involved in e learning that is quite crucial. E learning course level can be termed to be an interactivity measure designed into it. Developing appropriate e course interactivity is very much crucial.
There is a common misconception that e course interactivity does require good amount of investment, effort and time. But the truth is that learners are provided with a wonderful opportunity to engage much more with the contents and to enjoy effective learning. Also, developers can choose creation of interactive courses using rapid authoring tools, to enable interactivity within the e course. Using the best e learning authoring tools is of utmost importance to get the best results.
Interactivity levels in e learning
Four levels are found in e learning interactivity, in learning delivery type and increasing sophistication order.
- Level 1 interactivity courses come with little inter activities. Hence, they are stated as page turners and suit perfectly for the information heavy courses.
- Level 2 interactivity courses are created mostly for corporate training. Ranging from simple animations to slide transitions, plenty is achievable in this level for enthralling the audiences.
- Level 3 interactivity courses deal with experiential learning and have multiple outcomes and scenarios.
- Level 4 interactivity courses provides the highest interactivity offered by e learning, such as virtual environments and games that form part of the level to deliver hands-in learning meant for diversified audiences.
Some factors to consider
There are certain factors which need to be taken into consideration when trying to determine the amount of interactivity to be inserted within a particular course. It also includes the type of e learning development tools to be used to serve the purpose.
- Interactivity is not needed in al contents to be effective. Few courses might rely heavily upon graphics and texts only. They are mainly instructional courses having plenty of information to be shared. Learners are aware of the fact that they do require retaining the available information. Hence, for such courses, plenty of interactivity is sure to fail in making the right impact. Forced interactivity is termed to be sheer wastage of time and money and also hampers overall effectiveness of learning.
- Learners are to use the inbuilt inter activities. But they will lose focus if too much interactive course is provided. It will become bland and unable to capture their interest if it offers little interaction opportunities. It is important to have the right balance.
- The latest technological infrastructure needs to be used by the developers. If user devices do not catch these contents, then these e-courses will become useless. Also uniform effect cannot be derived, if specific technological support high end inter activities and hosting environments are present with the learners.
Even the budget should be taken into consideration when determining e learning interactivity level.Tags: best e learning authoring tools