Cloud computing has grown into the most popular method used by businesses to grow seamlessly. Cloud hosting gives companies instant access to resources that they need for expansion. It is believed to be highly scalable, flexible, secure and stable. However, there are indeed some important risks and problems with cloud hosting which one needs to be aware of before signing up with a cloud hosting India provider. Most vendors are already quite familiar with these issues and they have adopted quite a few measures to mitigate the risks.
What are the possible risks of choosing cloud hosting India?
- It is no secret that security is the biggest concern where cloud hosting is concerned. Since resources are made available to people and businesses across the Internet, the chances of the data getting hacked are high. The degree or vulnerability is quite high but companies are often able to recover fast from any such attack. The trick to fast recovery is to choose a provider only after carefully reviewing its security policies.
- Another common problem associated with choosing cloud hosting India solutions is compatibility. While cloud computing is undeniably a cost-friendly alternative for businesses, the existing infrastructure may need to be revamped to be able to adapt to these technologies. The hybrid cloud is found to be the most adaptive in this regard and it is equipped to deal with nearly all compatibility issues.
- Data belonging to a company gets stored in remote servers or off-site servers. These servers may be distributed geographically across different locations. So, if any specific location faces a technical problem which cannot be accessed, companies can be faced with a huge threat of data loss. Such a problem is magnified when data gets stored in servers located in other countries. So, before signing up, businesses need to consult their providers about the possibility of this situation arising. Unless your vendor can guarantee complete service availability even when bandwidth may be interrupted, you should not sign up with it.
- Another important issue with cloud hosting India is lack of standardization. Standards for cloud hosting are yet to be set up. This is why businesses cannot really ascertain quality of services received by them. so, to avoid this problem, the company should try to find out whether the vendor uses what is called standardized technologies. If the business is not happy with the QoS, it should be able to switch to another provider without having to bear additional costs.
- When businesses have over the cloud hosting responsibilities to their vendors, the latter are solely accountable for these. So, the business may be faced with a monitoring problem. This is more so when the vendor has not deployed proper processes for server management.
These risks show why it is necessary to know about these before you sign up for cloud hosting India plans. Conducting risk assessments beforehand is a wise move. It may be a good idea to review the SLA terms to know about the guarantees and responsibilities of the vendor.